The Text and Image editor allows you to structure your text information, image, movies and snippets in multiple rows and columns by using tables. Tables will allow you to structure any content that you may add from the Text and Images editor - for example, you may structure with tables text, images and PayPal buttons added through the HTML snippet option inside the Text and Images editor (see how).
To structure any other page content in rows and columns, use the Page Column option and Sections.
To add a table to one of your pages, open a Text and Images editor and click the Insert Table icon from the toolbar. Your table is created with 1 row and 2 columns.
*You must enable the Advanced Options to see all optional settings.
1. Add more Rows and Columns to your table. Just click inside an existing table cell, and select the appropriate icon from the right:
- Insert Row above
- Insert Row below
- Insert Column at right
- Insert Column at left
2. You can set a Table Width using either pixel or percentage dimensions. They can be switched if you activate px or %. With dimensions set in %, the width of your table will not be fixed - it would be set as a percentage of the text area width which may vary in different screen resolutions. By choosing to set dimensions in pixels, your table will have a fixed width which will not change on different screen resolutions.
3. Delete a Row or Column
- Click a cell in the Row to remove. Click Delete Row
- Click a cell in the Column to remove. Click Delete Column
4. Merge several neighboring table cells by dragging the cursor across them. Selected cells will be highlighted with a thin red border.
Click the Merge Cells icon
Note: You can only merge side by side or stacked cells.
5. Split a single table cell into two by positioning the cursor inside that cell. Click the Split Cell icon
IMPORTANT: You can Split a cell that has been merged, but you cannot split an empty, unmerged cell. You can, however, split the contents of an unmerged cell and distribute the divided contents across other cells.
The Border Width is set to 0px by default. You can add a Border to your Tables by specifying the Border Width in pixels and selecting the desired border color from the color icon to the right. Clicking on the border color iconwill open a Color Picker where you can Apply or remove the border color. When you select a color, its Hex value code appears in the field. If you know the hex value of your desired color you can select the color by inputting its value there. Use the icon to remove the selected color.
To change the spacing between the cells adjust the Cellspacing in pixels. To change the amount of space between the contents of the cell and the cell wall, use the Cellpadding option. Here is how the cellspacing and cellpadding will affect the appearance of your table cells:
Use the Align Table at options to indicate where the Table should be located within the available space on the page - Left, Center, Right.
You can change the color or add an image to the background of your tables. Use the icons to adjust image starting Position within the table, as well as vertical and horizontal Tiling.
In some cases, the content added inside a table cell may need to be formatted into columns and rows. In this case, you may add another table in the table cell. Put the cursor in the table cell and click the TABLE icon to add another table with 1 row and 2 columns.
You can define Cell / Column Width in px or %. To set width for a particular column, click inside a cell and enter a value in the Width field. When you set your cells width in %, make sure all columns will add up to 100%. When you use px, the sum of the px for each column should be equal to the width of the table in px. Have in mind that if your content is larger than the width of the column your defined (in % or px) - the table column will expand to accommodate your content.
The Align Content at settings are used to position content location, relative to other content in cells / columns to the right or left.
- Set a Table background Color using the Color Picker.
- Upload a Background Image
- Specify Image Position and Tiling pattern