Embedded timelines make it easy to syndicate any public Twitter timeline to your website in a few simple steps with a line of code.
To get started, access this link https://twitter.com/settings/widgets/new and login to your Twitter account. Then just follow these 3 simple steps:
1. Select your Timeline Source and set the options. You can embed a timeline for Tweets from an individual user, a user's favorites, Twitter lists, or any search query or hashtag.
- User: You may create an embedded timeline for any public Twitter user
- Favorites: Like the user timeline, a favorites timeline may be created for any public Twitter user, and displays that user's favorited Tweets.
- List: The list timeline shows Tweets from a specific list of users. The header of the list widget contains the list name, description, and links to the list creator's profile. Retweets by members of the list are included in the timeline. To create a list timeline you must have either created that list yourself, or subscribe to it.
- Search and #hashtag: You may create a search timeline for any query or #hashtag. Searches for a single #hashtag feature a simplified header section, and a “Tweet #hashtag” Tweet box in the footer so that visitors can easily contribute to the conversation directly from your page. Clicking on the #hashtag in the header will open twitter.com search page for that #hashtag. You may also choose to enable “safe mode”, which will exclude Tweets with common profanity and those marked possibly sensitive from appearing on your website.
2. Click Save changes
3. Copy & Paste the code into an HTML Snippet on your page.
For more information on the Twitter Embedded Timeline widget, please read their developer documentation.